Saturday, January 7, 2012

USPS Unable to Locate Address?

The USPS zip code lookup is unable to locate the address I have entered, even though I've double-checked on Google Maps, which has successfully identified the address, hence, it is valid. I would like to order items online to be shipped to the address in question and unless this problem is resolved, I will be unable to do so. I've emailed USPS using their online email tool and received an inquiry id, however, it has already been over 3 days and I've received no feedback from them. Also, they never asked for my email address, which makes me wonder how they will contact me with an answer in the first place.. Could anyone please let me know what can be done about this? Thanks in advance!! :)|||Just because an address exists does not mean that the address can receive mail. The address has to be on the route of USPS in order for mail to be deliverable to that address. Some areas only have access to p.o. boxes, it just depends on the address. The fastest thing that you can do is to call USPS. Waiting around for them to e-mail you back (especially when you did not leave contact information is silly). They will be able to look up the address and tell you if it's an address that they serve. Their phone number is: 1-800-275-8777 or 1-800-ASK-USPS. Their hours are Monday-Friday 8am-8:30pm Eastern; Saturday 8am-6pm Eastern and they are closed Sundays and holidays.|||Call them if you have nagging doubts. However if you receive mail they can find you. Sometime a the search system isn't quite able to work out how you word your address (like if you include "apt 23" instead of "#23" or "St 23"). I've had similar issues with services like Comcast but they had no problem finding me in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment