Saturday, January 7, 2012

How can I get my home physical address listed in the zip-code data base I tried USPS & they won't help me?

.I tried every place I can think of. I have lived here for 30yrs. but always got my mail at a PO box now I need home delivery for packages %26amp; no one can confirm my address.|||No. USPS provides and maintains data on Delivery Points within a ZIP Code. Your Delivery Point is a PO Box.





You can have a physical address if you happen to live in an area that uses some sort of enhanced 911 system where the county has assigned names to every street and road within the county.





This will not change your Delivery Point for USPS purposes but you can use a "dual address". i.e. 123 Main St, PO Box 123. If your municipality has not assigned street names, then you are out of luck.





So many companies use delivery companies other than USPS for shipping because of bulk shipping deals they can make with the others. Those companies can not deliver to a PO Box.|||My house has been here for 50+ years. USPS doesn't deliver %26amp; we all have PO Boxes and E911.





If I use my physical address, vendors can't validate. If I use my PO Box, vendors won't ship. UPS and FedEx deliver, but its a constant mess bc most vendor systems validate against USPS DB where we aren't.

Report Abuse


|||i just give them my address and directions to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment