Saturday, January 7, 2012

Does Russia have zip codes?

I wanted to send this package to my friend in Russia, she sent me the info but when I went to ship it via USPS, they then asked me if there was a zip code? I told them that was what I got. I emailed my friend but have not heard back so out of boredom at work I am asking this question lol|||Yes they do! And its super easy to find on google. Just like in USA, there is different zip codes for all cities. Just type in name "whats the zip code for (city), Russia and it will pop up. =)|||They don't call them zipcodes,they call them postal codes. Make sure you fill out the correct customs form (there are 2). The label number can act as a customs number. Also,consider added registered mail,it costs $11.50 extra but it's locked up and secured and has indemnity coverage (like insurance) of $45 and you can add more. Registered mail has a tracking number. When I mailed a package to Ukraine,I shipped it priority international flat rate small box,I filled out customs form 2976 (there is 2976 and 2976-A). I weighted each item and put the value of each item on the customs form,then I taped the box up and weighted the box and put the total wieght and value. If you don't do this,it may slow the shipping time and customs may open the package. Consider adding registered mail since packages get stolen in Russia and Ukraine.



http://pe.usps.gov/

http://ircalc.usps.com/CustomsFormsCalcu…|||ZIP codes are a system of postal codes used by the United States Postal Service. Since Russia is not a part of the USA, but a country on its own, it does not have zip codes.





The Russian postal service (Почта России) uses its own code system. So, they have some kind of postal codes, but these codes do not fit the zip codes system.|||There are codes, but this is only a link via Wiki, have a look and select the section you need.


Russia zip codes etc.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_code…|||Russia has 6-digit zip code system|||They have one zip code for one Russia.

No comments:

Post a Comment